-->

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Empties #2.1: The Face Shop & Kiehl's


Heyooo what's up?? Wow I can't believe winter quarter is almost over...... I seriously can't wait until spring break comes u_u ever since week 3 I've been dealing with at least one midterm every week until week 8 sob soooo happy to finally have one week of freedom (before OB midterm next Wednesday ugh fml) -.-;;; Alright anywaaaayy today I want to talk about some products I recently finished using up!!!

A) The Face Shop Natural Sun AQ Power Long-Lasting Sun Cream SPF 45 PA+++
woo that was a mouthful!!! This is probably my favorite sun cream of all time.... I wouldn't have to come to embrace it so much until last summer when my skin had that really random irritating dry/itchy reaction to some unknown substance *_*
  1. This sun cream has high SPF and has amazing oil control!!! It helps keep my oily skin at bay for a good 4-6 hours (depending on the temperature) before I would need to reach for a blotting paper. It is also one of the only products that did not cause any irritation whatsoever to my skin as I went through that allergic reaction (which now makes my skin super sensitive and dry on my cheeks).
  2. It is tinted so this sun cream can provide minimal coverage for minor redness and blemishes!!! This is really perfect for me since my skin has been relatively clear throughout my entire life except for the cursed occasional pimples that never seem to go away on my forehead and chin.....
  3. It comes in a cream formula so it is very easy to spread. I usually squeeze out a thin line that is around the length of my index finger and it is plenty enough to cover my face and neck ^^ I believe they have changed the packaging since I purchased this at Colour Mix in Hong Kong a few years ago, but I highly recommend this sun cream!!!! It is suitable for dry, sensitive and oily skin types ^^ I've pretty much abandoned BB/CC cream for this ♥
B) Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
  1. I didn't realize how amazing this eye cream was until I skipped a day without it. While applying my eye makeup, I realized how dry my eyelids are, which makes application kind of difficult.... This treatment is suuuuuper creamy and moisturizing, the soft pastel yellow-green color is soooo pretty and it smells like heaven mmm yum
  2. I use this daily in the morning and it helps make my eye makeup application much smoother!!! It doesn't make my lids oily either and my eye area always feels cool and refreshed when I dab on some of this product
  3. This is also one of the only products that did not aid in the irritation of my allergic reaction over the past summer. It's suitable for all skin types, even sensitive!!! To be honest this is probably the most expensive skincare product I had ever purchased..... I'm kind of having a love/hate relationship with it right now because I'm literally out of this but I have to repurchase it now because I've fallen in love with it so much..... cries my wallet u_u......
C) Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Purifying Foaming Cleanser
  1. I purchased this last summer to help combat my allergic reaction and I just finished it.... I use this daily in the morning and sometimes at night and it cleanses sooooo well!!!! It is that cool and fresh feeling that gets me up in the morning to go to class I swear.....
  2. My face literally glows with brightness after washing my face with this cleanser!!!! It also makes my skin feel super smooth and soft *_* Not to mention it smells sooooooooooo good....... Even better is that it helped fade away some of my really dark sun spots and acne scars, and minimize skin redness in the morning ^^
  3. A pea-sized amount is enough to lather up my entire face!!! It is also quite creamy and doesn't dry out my skin at all. It is suitable for sensitive skin like mine, but also for dry and oily skin types as well!!! It is quite an expensive cleanser though..... I would love to repurchase this again when Kiehl's offers a promotion but for now, I will be using another cleanser~~~
D) The Face Shop Rice Water Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
  1. This makeup remover smells sooooooooooo good and takes everything off so cleanly!!!! It does leave a bit of an oily film residue behind though so I like to wash my face afterwards with a cleanser and follow up with my night skincare routine
  2. My eyes are really sensitive and tend to get a bit dry sometimes, but this remover didn't cause any irritations at all!!!! It is a dual-phase remover, which means I would have to shake this a few times to mix the product in the bottle. I wouldn't say a little goes a long way but it did last me a good 6 months ^^
  3. After shaking well, I pour some on a cotton pad and cover my eye with it, holding for about five seconds before gently (mind gently) wiping off the makeup. I do this a few times to make sure I cleanly remove everything and proceed with the other eye, and lastly finish up with my eyebrows. One cotton pad is literally enough!!! You can fold it multiple times and use the clean soaked through parts to wipe off your makeup ^^

And that's part 1 for now!!! I'll follow up with part 2 sometime soon ^^

I'm honestly done with the Liebster Award, but I'm having trouble with finding blogs that I follow that have less than 200 followers..... and for some reason or other I can't seem to comment on people's blogs u_u is it just me or???? So please don't think I'm ignoring your blog, I actually do read your posts sob I just can't comment on anything...... for some reason........ Help me...........

Aight anywaaaayy gotta go back to programming now cries seeya laterrrr


No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts