-->

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Review: The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam

Hey guys! Today I will be reviewing The Face Shop's Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam ^^ This is one of their more popular products and after finishing my first tube, I think I will be definitely getting more!

Sorry please don't mind my messy desk u_u
What is The Face Shop? TFS is a skincare and cosmetics company that is based in South Korea. They strongly believe in using natural ingredients in their products, so you won't have to worry about inconspicuous chemical overloads when you are using TFS! From their official International Facebook page:
The brand essence of THEFACESHOP is "high quality cosmetics made with ingredients from nature". THEFACESHOP is inspired by nature and believes that there is natural beauty to everyone. As Korea's first cosmetic company committed to nature, THEFACESHOP creates products from over 600 natural ingredients such as flowers, grains, plants, fruits, mineral water, and oriental medicine to nourish and revitalize the skin. - TFS
TFS claims that the Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam is:
A rich, fine and delicate, watery and hydrating cleanser. It mildly cleanses the face while replenishing skin with moisture and nutrients promptly to protect against environmental assaults. With unique dual cleansing effect, it thoroughly removes make-up residue and impurities inside pores. It reconstructs the skin’s balance system. The Rice Water Bright line gives natural brightening effect with rice water. It contains 7 kinds of grain extract (e.g. rice, brown rice, black rice, rice bran……). It is extremely gentle and watery. -imomoko.com
Benefits of rice water for your skin
After doing some research, I found out that rice water contains lots of proteins and vitamins that help lighten and help uneven skin tone, reduce excess sebum and dark spots/acne scars, as well as soften and refine our skin. Pitera, an ingredient that is found in rice, contributes to revitalizing skin cells' natural renewal cycle, which leads to clear and hydrated skin! Rice water contains vitamins B1 and B2, niacin and iron, which are beneficial in promoting our skin's blood circulation and pH balance ^^ To read more, check out Gluttonforum

Overview
This cleanser comes with 150ml of product in a tube with a flip cap, which is very sanitary and convenient. Its scent is mild: very clean and faintly of rice water (hah). The product has a soft, white and fluffy texture with a very slight pearly sheen to it. It also claims to brighten your skin and leave it soft, clean, smooth and hydrated. Let's test it to see if the claims are true!

I went a bit overboard with swatches heheh ^^;;; oops
Below is a list of makeup product swatches I used:
A) Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black
B) Clinique Brush-on Cream Gel Liner in Deep Black
C) Stylenanda 3CE Creamy Waterproof Eyeliner in #GLAM KHAKI
D) Tony Moly Cat's Wink Mascara #1 Volume Longlash
E) Too Cool For School Blending Cream BB in #02 Natural Beige
F) The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Stick Concealer in NB23
G) Stylenanda 3CE Lip Marker in #RED
H) Skinfood Fresh Fruit Lip & Cheek Cream in Berry
I) H&M Lipstick in Darling Pink

woo wow that was a long list


The texture is very soft and creamy! You only need a pea-sized amount for your entire face but I accidentally squeezed out too much u_u


 You can see that it lathers up very well after mixing with water! Rub in gentle circular upward motions for about a minute to thoroughly cleanse your skin. Sorry I'm a terrible model because my arms are so awkward and fat cries


And then rinse it off with cold water! Ta daaaa to be honest I only rubbed for about 20-30 seconds because my camera was about to die haha.... but as you can see, everything washed off quite well except for the Clinique gel liner, which is to be expected because gel liners are meant to have strong holding power. I was actually really surprised that my 3CE eyeliner stayed put so well.... it didn't even budge! WOAH.... Anyway I don't know if you can tell from the lighting but after cleansing, my skin brightened up soooo well it's amazing!! I LOVE THIS CLEANSER.....

I like using this cleanser in the morning because it brightens up my face, making me look less tired and leaves my skin feeling clean, soft, hydrated and smooth so I have a good prepping base for makeup. I have oily skin with (occasionally) dry cheeks and it's also very sensitive, yet this cleanser didn't irritate my skin at all! I can't say anything about oil control, since I purchased this cleanser mainly for the purposes of cleaning and brightening my sensitive skin. I really hate it when a cleanser leaves my skin feeling tight, dry and stretched, yet this cleanser doesn't do that, so I really appreciate it!

Pros
  1. It has a clean and mild scent
  2. It is suitable for all skin types, and also for those with sensitive skin
  3. It cleanses very well
  4. A little goes a long way: it has 150ml of product and it's very affordable!
  5. It leaves my skin feeling clean, moisturized, soft, smooth and radiant!
Cons
  1. It may be hard to find locally
  2. Brightening effect is only temporary
  3. Not very good oil control.... maybe about 3-4 hours? But that's not the main point here!
  4. None really to be honest.....
Final verdict
5/5


Where to purchase
While there are some TFS shops in America, their prices are raised to accommodate international costs! I bought this at Colourmix, a cosmetics and skincare store in Hong Kong. Buying Asian products in Asia is definitely less expensive but you can also easily find this item online! I've listed a few trustworthy places to purchase from below:


Hope you guys enjoyed my review! Have a wonderful amazing day and seeyaaaa


No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts