-->

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Review: SANA Nameraka Honpo (Soybean Milk) Cleansing Oil

Hey guys! Today I will be reviewing SANA's Soybean Milk Cleansing Oil ^^ I finished this bottle recently and it's a really nice product!


What is SANA? SANA is a very popular Japanese skincare and cosmetics brand that strives to provide top-quality products at an affordable price. From SANA's official website:
SANA is for those who are fashion-conscious and want to be pretty. Unique, high-function, high-quality items with originality, always staying ahead of the trend! Make it all happen with SANA from alluring, glamorous eyes to hydrated & smooth sexy body! Get your own happy lifestyle! - Sana
Omg hella fob LOL that's cute okay this is what they say about Soybean milk cleansing oil:
Sana Soy Bean Milk Cleansing Oil is enriched with hydrating ingredients: Soy Isoflavones, Soy Bean Essence, and Botanic Collagen, which prevent water loss of skin for smooth, soft skin. No tightness after use. Quick Dissolve Formula allows easy make-up removal. No heavy rubbing is needed to prevent formation of fine lines. Fragrance-free and color-free. - Sasa
Benefits of soy for your skin
After some quick research I found out that soy contains many proteins, amino acids and lipids that contribute to hydration and cell regeneration--in other words, it keeps your skin looking young and resilient! Soy is a natural source of phytoestrogens, which help regeneration of female skin cells. High concentrations of vitamin E in soy lipids help regenerate damaged tissue and keeps your skin moisturized! Soy also helps prevent skin pigmentation from the sun's UV rays and repairs the skin's protection barrier from dangerous chemicals and substances ^^ To read more about soy's benefits, check out Soyconnection


Overview
This cleansing oil is clear/colorless and quite watery in its consistency. It comes with 120ml of product in a clear yellow plastic bottle. It has a pump dispenser, which I like because you can control the amount of product you want to get and it is sanitary. It also comes with this pump stopper which is really convenient if you are travelling to prevent any spills! Although it claims to be fragrance-free, I can still catch a very mild scent of soybean but it isn't noticeable because most people probably don't know what raw soybean smells like haa.... and maybe because I have a very strong sense of smell! It also talks about a "Quick Dissolve Formula" to enhance breakdown of cosmetics, so let's test it out!


Below is a list of product swatches I used: 
A) Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black
B) The Face Shop Face-It Waterproof Auto Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black
C) Holika Holika Jewel-Light Waterproof Eyeliner in #07 One-Carat Diamond
D) Stylenanda 3CE Creamy Waterproof Eyeliner in #GLAM KHAKI
E) Koji Dollywink Volume Mascara in Black
F) Stylenanda 3CE Crayon Eye Color in #BLACK SHIMMER
G) Skinfood Peach Sake BB Cream in #02 Natural Beige
H) Missha Under Eye Brightener Concealer in #02 Natural Beige
I) Tony Moly Lip Tint in #01 Cherry Pink
J) Stylenanda 3CE Lipstick in #303 PINK SKIRT 
omg I should stop making so many swatches HAHA


One pump is enough for your entire face! I prefer applying on dry skin because then I can really feel the product cleansing off my makeup. I don't see the point in wetting your skin before using an oil cleanser because oil is made up of non-polar molecules whereas water is made up of polar molecules and so they end up not even mixing well.... in this sense, water only gets in the way of your cosmetics from breaking down thoroughly!! Was that too much chemistry??? *_*


Rub very gently in circular upwards motions! You can see how everything is melting off when the oil is emulsified ^^ I like to cleanse my face for about a minute because I can really feel this oil unclog my pores and let my skin breathe!


Here is after rinsing with cold water ^^ You can see that there are no traces of makeup left whatsoever!! There is no tight feeling and my skin feels so soft and moisturized and even a little brighter than before~~ You know that cool feeling that you get after washing off a whole face of makeup? THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE it's amazing wow I love it

I use this cleansing oil to remove my makeup and I like to use another foam or scrub cleanser afterwards for deep cleansing. This product leaves my face feeling clean, soft, hydrated and even a little brighter! I have sensitive and oily skin with (occasionally) dry cheeks and this product didn't irritate my skin at all ^^ This oil thoroughly cleanses my pores and lets my skin breathe, and it doesn't leave behind a tight feeling after cleansing.

Pros
  1. It is color-free and fragrance-free
  2. It is suitable for all types, including sensitive skin
  3. It cleanses and removes makeup very well
  4. One pump is enough for your entire face! If used daily, it will probably last ~3-4 months
  5. It is affordable at ~$10-15USD
  6. It leaves my skin feeling clean, hydrated and soft!
Cons
  1. Fragrance-free (I personally prefer fragrances because I'm weird like that)
  2. It may be hard to find locally
  3. That's it!!
Final verdict
4.5/5



Where to purchase
You can find this cleansing oil at your local Japanese market/store! You can also find this very easily online ^^ I got mine on Yesstyle for ~$15. I will put a list of reliable sellers to purchase this product from below:


Hope you guys found my review helpful!!! Have a wonderful amazing day woo laters PEACE


1 comment:

  1. Oh... I don't know about many Japanense branded cosmetics, but I love the Senka lotion I have and this seems to be really nice too...

    I want to invite you to enter my Glitter Bunny Nail Polish Giveaway!

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/2013/09/giveaway-glitter-bunny-polish.html

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts